Sr. Accountant / Accounting Manager – Finance
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Ambys Medicines is an early-stage biotech company researching and developing medicines that harness the natural regenerative properties of the liver for patients suffering from devastating liver diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders and a substantial collaboration with Takeda, Ambys is pioneering novel approaches to liver restoration and regeneration. The company’s core technologies of cell therapy, gene therapy, drug therapy, and unique translational models are the foundation of our research and development platform. We at Ambys believe that revolutionary medicines result from bold research, performed to the highest standards, following the biology, putting patient needs first and performed by a collaborative, committed, and curious team. We are seeking smart, creative, and motivated people to join our team and become part of the Ambys adventure.
Reporting to VP of Finance, Corporate Controller, this Sr. Accountant/Accounting Manager position plays an integral role to ensure the completeness and accuracy of accounting transactions. Responsibilities include:
- Keep track of all payments and expenditures, by ensuring appropriate purchase acquisition is authorized and invoices matching purchase order and packing slips
- Verify all service invoices with associated service work orders to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Maintain good records for all cash disbursement transactions
- Support the rest of the company on various purchasing related questions, and respond inquiries from vendors
- Evaluate and recommend a streamlined procure to pay process
- Maintain good record of fixed assets, prepayment, and deferred rent ledger records and reconcile monthly depreciation and amortization schedule
- Manage and reconcile credit card accounts, purchase accrual, and service expense accrual accounts
- Perform balance Sheet reconciliation, bank reconciliation
- Assist VP of Finance to prepare financial statements, BvA analysis at department and project level
- Support private company AICPA annual audit
Accounting system Support
- Identify and implement process improvement, systems integrations, etc.
- Play a key role in evaluating future ERP systems, and support system upgrade and implementation
- Over 7 years of relevant accounting experience as a GL accountant, preferably in life science industry
- Experience with ERP system, such as NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics, Oracle, etc. is strongly preferred
- Good understanding of SOX compliance and internal control
- Strong interpersonal organization and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business
- Depending on the experience, this position can be Accounting Manager level
If you would like to be considered for an opportunity at Ambys Medicines, please submit your CV with the title of the position in the subject line to email@example.com
The well-being of our employees and their families is important to us. We offer comprehensive and competitive health, financial, paid time off and many other benefits designed to promote the health and financial well-being of our employees and their families.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Ambys Medicines is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
Ambys Medicines is an equal opportunity employer.