Senior Research Associate, Bioanalytical Development – Assay Development
Location: Redwood City / South San Francisco, CA
Ambys Medicines is an early stage biopharmaceutical company committed to developing therapies for patients suffering from devastating liver diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders, Ambys is pioneering novel approaches to liver restoration and regeneration. The company’s core technologies of hepatocyte cell therapy, gene therapy, drug therapy, and translational models are the foundation of our research and development platform. We are seeking smart, creative, and kind people to join our team and contribute to our mission.
We are seeking a Senior Research Associates with knowledge of molecular biology and in-vitro assay development required to advance our understanding of biological processes underlying the development of a variety of liver diseases. This individual will join a dynamic and growing multidisciplinary team focused on the discovery and advancement of new drug candidates and disease biomarkers. A key component of the position will be to provide regular, high quality assay results to other team members and troubleshoot and develop approaches to optimize experimental procedures. The successful candidate will work with some direct supervision of a Scientist.
The successful candidate will be a decisive and results-oriented individual who is flexible, team-oriented, creative and able to excel in a multi-project, fast-track environment. If you thrive in a culture of collaboration and have an entrepreneurial spirit, we’d like to meet you.
- B.S. or M.S. in a biological science discipline.
- At least six years relevant experience in bio-pharma R&D. Cell therapy and/or gene therapy experience is preferred but not required.
- Experience in mammalian aseptic cell culture techniques.
- Experience in performing cell based and biochemical/immunochemical assays is required (ELISAs, SDS/PAGE, Western blot etc.)
- General molecular biology skills (DNA/RNA isolation and analysis, PCR/Q-PCR).
- Experience with primary and ex vivo hepatic cell culture models desirable; Flow cytometry preferred.
- Common laboratory software (SoftmaxPro, GraphPad Prism, etc.)
- Must be willing to work with ex vivo preclinical samples and possibly blood samples (whole blood and blood components).
If you would like to be considered for an opportunity at Ambys Medicines, please submit your CV with the title of the position in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
The well-being of our employees and their families is important to us. We offer comprehensive and competitive health, financial, paid time off and many other benefits designed to promote the health and financial well-being of our employees and their families.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Ambys Medicines is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
Ambys Medicines is an equal opportunity employer.