Scientist – Small Molecule, In Vitro Pharmacology
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Ambys Medicines is a biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing regenerative and restorative therapies for people with advanced liver disease. Founded by world-renowned experts in liver disease and regenerative medicine, Ambys is pioneering the application of novel modalities including cell and gene therapy, and gain-of-function drug therapy, to meet the urgent need for treatments that have the potential to restore liver function and prevent the progression to liver failure across multiple liver diseases that are untreatable or poorly treated today. Ambys was launched in 2018 by Third Rock Ventures and Takeda Pharmaceuticals with $140M in starting capital and is headquartered in South San Francisco, Calif.
We are seeking an experienced in vitro pharmacologist with proven record of success in cellular assay development to join our on-going efforts in small molecule drug discovery. We look for an innovative, dedicated experimentalist who is well versed in classical and modern technologies in cell line generation and in the development of cell-based assays for profiling of small molecules to generate supporting SARs, also a good problem solver, versatile, and committed to the understanding of fundamental biology in the in vitro setting. The scientist will also be involved in the in-depth mechanistic probing of lead candidates using relevant and necessary in vitro pharmacological tools, providing translational biological evidence in support of candidates moving towards clinical investigation. Additionally, the scientist may likely take part in the new target initiation effort when needed.
- A PhD with 6+ years, or MS with 12+ years, pharmaceutical or biotech experience in small molecule drug discovery
- Experience in cell line generation and development
- Experience in cellular assay development in support of small molecule drug discovery programs
- Experience in target-engagement assay development in support of in vivo biomarker assessment
- Broad experience and skills in cell biology (flow cytometry, cell-based assay development, etc.)
- Solid proficiency in molecular biology and protein chemistry techniques such as molecular cloning, PCR, RT-PCR, mammalian cell culture, immunoblot, plasmid transfection, ELISA, and immunocytochemistry/immunohistochemistry procedures
- Experience working and collaborate with chemists, in vivo pharmacologists, and other team members common on a cross-functional SM team; a good team player
- Generate requisite cell lines and develop assays to support routine SAR progression
- Conceive and execute experimental strategies to enable studies on target biology and mechanism of action throughout the life cycle of the project
- Strong experimental design and troubleshooting skills, can document laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail.
- Excellent data analysis skills and experience with a variety of scientific software applications is required (including Microsoft Office JMP or Prism, and Adobe Photoshop)
- Good communication, presentation, collaboration, time-management, and organizational skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or in a team-oriented environment
- Prior experience in working with metal ions is preferred, not necessary
If you would like to be considered for an opportunity at Ambys Medicines, please submit your CV with the title of the position in the subject line to email@example.com
The well-being of our employees and their families is important to us. We offer comprehensive and competitive health, financial, paid time off and many other benefits designed to promote the health and financial well-being of our employees and their families.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Ambys Medicines is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
Ambys Medicines is an equal opportunity employer.