Scientist / Senior Scientist – Computational Biology
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Ambys Medicines is a biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing regenerative and restorative therapies for people with advanced liver disease. Founded by world-renowned experts in liver disease and regenerative medicine, Ambys is pioneering the application of novel modalities including cell and gene therapy, and gain-of-function drug therapy, to meet the urgent need for treatments that have the potential to restore liver function and prevent the progression to liver failure across multiple liver diseases that are untreatable or poorly treated today. Ambys was launched in 2018 by Third Rock Ventures and Takeda Pharmaceuticals with $140M in starting capital and is headquartered in South San Francisco, Calif.
We are looking for a computational biology expert to work closely with our cell and gene therapy programs to advance Ambys’ pioneering regenerative medicine research. You will participate in all aspects of research: participating in experimental design, data analysis, interpretation and communication of results. You will also mine internal and external datasets to identify actionable insights and biomarkers. This is a great opportunity to play a key role in growing computational biology / bioinformatics at Ambys.
What you will do:
- Design and perform computational analysis of high-dimensional genomic datasets (RNA-seq, single-cell RNA, exome) in close collaboration with cell and gene therapy scientists and biologists
- Independently and collaboratively analyze internal and external datasets to generate hypotheses, identify biologic insights / targets and guide experimental design
- Assess and implement new methods and algorithms for single cell sequencing processing and analysis
- Work with IT and internal / external teams to create the computational biology platform at Ambys
- Visualize data and present results to internal and external groups
What you have:
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computational Biology or other related discipline
- 2+ years post-PhD experience applying quantitative approaches to genomic datasets, ideally in a biopharma context
- Knowledge of molecular biology. Liver experience is a big plus
- Strong scripting and data visualization ability (R/Python) and experience with bioinformatic packages (e.g. Bioconductor) for complex data analysis
- Knowledge of SQL / relational databases and scalable computing (AWS preferred)
- Solid understanding of genomic databases and annotations (GTEx, GenBank, dbSNP, etc.).
- Proficiency in creating reproducible workflows (git / markdown preferred)
If you would like to be considered for an opportunity at Ambys Medicines, please submit your CV with the title of the position in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
The well-being of our employees and their families is important to us. We offer comprehensive and competitive health, financial, paid time off and many other benefits designed to promote the health and financial well-being of our employees and their families.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Ambys Medicines is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
Ambys Medicines is an equal opportunity employer.