Scientist/Senior Scientist – Cell/Molecular Biology
Ambys Medicines is an early stage biopharmaceutical company committed to developing therapies for patients suffering from devastating liver diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders, Ambys is pioneering novel approaches to liver restoration and regeneration. The company’s core technologies of hepatocyte cell therapy, gene therapy, drug therapy, and translational models are the foundation of our research and development platform. We are seeking smart, creative, and kind people to join our team and contribute to our mission.
We are currently seeking innovative scientists with expertise in molecular and cellular biology to join a team focused on discovery and advancement of new therapies for liver disease. The individual will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to develop new technologies for treating liver diseases using hepatocyte cell therapy and gene therapy. Successful candidates will be experts in one or more of the following: regenerative medicine, hepatocyte transplantation, gene therapy using viral and non-viral vectors, cell engineering, liver cell biology, and liver physiology. The successful candidate will also enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic team environment and be motivated to discover new breakthrough therapies for patients. Responsibilities:
- Lead the investigation, creation and development of methods, experiments and/or technologies.
- Prepare and present technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses.
- Present data in group and project team meetings.
- Manage one or two research associates.
- Advance programs through drug development.
- Contribute to patents, reports, and scientific publications.
- Ph.D. in a biological science discipline
- At least 3 years of laboratory experience in a biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or academic setting.
- Ideal candidates will have extensive experience in molecular and cellular biology, reputations as scientific innovators, and outstanding track records of success related to cell and gene therapy for liver disease.
- Broad laboratory experience and skills in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, and assay development.
- Expertise in development and optimization of cell-based assays using a variety of readout technologies.
- Excellent data analysis skills and experience with a variety of scientific software applications.
- Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration, time-management, and organizational skills.
- Experience with isolating, culturing, and manipulating primary cells and stem cells is strongly preferred.
- Expertise with viral vectors, gene editing technologies, and cell engineering is a plus.
- Liver disease research, drug discovery experience, and/or biomarker development experience is a plus.
- The successful candidate will be an ambitious self-starter, motivated to apply his/her skills to diverse projects and enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment.
Redwood City / South San Francisco, CA
If you would like to be considered for an opportunity at Ambys Medicines, please submit your CV with the title of the position in the subject line to email@example.com
The well-being of our employees and their families is important to us. We offer comprehensive and competitive health, financial, paid time off and many other benefits designed to promote the health and financial well-being of our employees and their families.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Ambys Medicines is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
Ambys Medicines is an equal opportunity employer.