Scientist – Pharmacology
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Ambys Medicines is an early-stage biotech company researching and developing medicines that harness the natural regenerative properties of the liver for patients suffering from devastating liver diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders and a substantial collaboration with Takeda, Ambys is pioneering novel approaches to liver restoration and regeneration. The company’s core technologies of cell therapy, gene therapy, drug therapy, and unique translational models are the foundation of our research and development platform. We at Ambys believe that revolutionary medicines result from bold research, performed to the highest standards, following the biology, putting patient needs first and performed by a collaborative, committed, and curious team. We are seeking smart, creative, and motivated people to join our team and become part of the Ambys adventure.
We are seeking an innovative Scientist to work in a cohesive Pharmacology Team (Veterinarian, Vivarium support, Scientists and Research Associates) to support the Gene Therapy Program. The ideal candidate will have established and used animal models for progressing new treatments through discovery and lead optimization phases of drug development. This role will be responsible for managing and analyzing experimental data, interpreting results and preparing presentations for internal and external meetings, regulatory filings and publications. Candidates should enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic team environment and be motivated to discover new breakthrough therapies for patients.
- PhD in relevant biological sciences (e.g. immunology, biochemistry, biology, pharmacology or related field). A minimal 5 years of postdoctoral research experience, preferably in an industry setting.
- Previous experience in the design, execution, and management of in vivo and ex vivo experiments – hands-on and/or managing technical support personnel required.
- Experience with AAV-mediated gene therapies a plus. Previous experience in establishing, executing and interpreting in vivo experiments in gene therapy research a plus.
- Performing hands-on work when needed, including animal model handling, in vivo data collection and ex vivo analyses of blood and organ/tumor tissues.
- Experience in and working knowledge of immunohistochemistry and morphometric analysis is a plus.
- Demonstrate scientific creativity, critical thinking, and analytical problem-solving skills, with a strong track record of research productivity as evidenced by high-quality publications.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently under minimal supervision in a dynamic team environment. Providing scientific inputs and contributing intellectually to the organization success.
- Maintaining detailed documentation of procedures and data to comply with internal quality criteria.
- Conducting data analysis and curve fitting using appropriate parameters and regression analysis, data visualization and correct application of statistical tests to experimental data
- Recording and properly storing data into electronic databases, conducting thorough searches of databases and organizing data in clear and concise format
- Maintaining thorough records and electronic laboratory notebooks to comply with regulatory standards
- Previous management experience is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Enthusiasm to explore, conduct and champion original ideas and research relating to models of liver disease
- Ability to thrive in a fast-pace, multi-disciplinary environment interacting with a diverse group of experts, comfortable with adjusting workloads based upon changing priorities and willing to take on new tasks, regardless of level or type of work, eager to be part of an organization to develop drugs for novel targets
- Actively engaged in the thinking, creativity, rigor, experimentation, and collaborative approach to science, embracing the ideas and suggestions of others
- Excellent cross-functional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills is essential in this small, collaborative work environment
If you would like to be considered for an opportunity at Ambys Medicines, please submit your CV with the title of the position in the subject line to email@example.com
The well-being of our employees and their families is important to us. We offer comprehensive and competitive health, financial, paid time off and many other benefits designed to promote the health and financial well-being of our employees and their families.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Ambys Medicines is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
Ambys Medicines is an equal opportunity employer.