Scientist – Cell Therapy / Discovery Biology
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Ambys Medicines is a biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing regenerative and restorative therapies for people with advanced liver disease. Founded by world-renowned experts in liver disease and regenerative medicine, Ambys is pioneering the application of novel modalities including cell and gene therapy, and gain-of-function drug therapy, to meet the urgent need for treatments that have the potential to restore liver function and prevent the progression to liver failure across multiple liver diseases that are untreatable or poorly treated today. Ambys was launched in 2018 by Third Rock Ventures and Takeda Pharmaceuticals with $140M in starting capital and is headquartered in South San Francisco, Calif.
We are seeking an innovative and highly motivated Scientist with expertise in cell therapy, human genome screening and bioinformatics to join the cell therapy team at Ambys. The individual will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to develop novel therapies to treat liver diseases using cell therapy and gene therapy strategies. Ideally, the successful candidate will have strong research background in developing human cell replacement therapy, or experience in genomic screening and bioinformatic tools. This is a lab scientist role who will be responsible for designing the study, collecting, managing, and analyzing experimental data, interpreting results, and preparing presentations for internal and external meetings, regulatory filings, and publications. Candidates should enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic team environment and be motivated to discover new breakthrough therapies for patients with severe liver disease.
- Ph.D. in a biological science discipline with 0-3 years of post-doctoral experience in a biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or academic setting
- Experience in developing human cell replacement therapy is highly desired
- Experience in library-based (e.g. CRISPR; Lenti-ORF) human genome-wide screens using cutting edge techniques; expertise in designing the screen strategy and analyzing the readout
- Good understanding in bioinformatic tools and experience working closely with bioinformatic expert
- Expertise in gene editing technologies and cell line engineering is strongly preferred
- Expertise in human stem cell differentiation especially for hepatocytes (2D or 3D) is a plus
- Contemporary expertise and broad experience in molecular biology and protein chemistry techniques is required
- Strong experimental design and troubleshooting skills, can document laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail
- Excellent data analysis skills and experience with a variety of scientific software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office; Prism or JMP; Adobe Photoshop)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or in a team-oriented environment with moderate supervision
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret, summarize, and present scientific results in a clear, concise, accurate manner to both technical and non-technical audiences
If you would like to be considered for an opportunity at Ambys Medicines, please submit your CV with the title of the position in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
The well-being of our employees and their families is important to us. We offer comprehensive and competitive health, financial, paid time off and many other benefits designed to promote the health and financial well-being of our employees and their families.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Ambys Medicines is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
Ambys Medicines is an equal opportunity employer.