Scientist – Cell Therapy
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Ambys Medicines is an early-stage biotech company researching and developing medicines that harness the natural regenerative properties of the liver for patients suffering from devastating liver diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders and a substantial collaboration with Takeda, Ambys is pioneering novel approaches to liver restoration and regeneration. The company’s core technologies of cell therapy, gene therapy, drug therapy, and unique translational models are the foundation of our research and development platform. We at Ambys believe that revolutionary medicines result from bold research, performed to the highest standards, following the biology, putting patient needs first and performed by a collaborative, committed, and curious team. We are seeking smart, creative, and motivated people to join our team and become part of the Ambys adventure.
We are seeking an innovative and talented Scientist with expertise in cell therapy and animal models. The individual will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to develop new strategies for treating liver diseases using cell therapy. This role will be responsible for collecting, managing, and analyzing experimental data, interpreting results, and preparing presentations for internal and external meetings, regulatory filings, and publications. Candidates should enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic team environment and be motivated to discover new breakthrough therapies for patients with severe liver disease.
- PhD in relevant biological sciences with 2-5 years experience in cell therapy
- Demonstrated scientific creativity, critical thinking, and analytical problem-solving skills, with a strong track record of research productivity as evidenced by high-quality publications
- Enthusiasm to explore, conduct, and champion original ideas and research relating to models of disease
- Ability to work efficiently and independently under minimal supervision in a dynamic team environment. Providing scientific inputs and contributing intellectually to the organization success.
- Contemporary expertise and experience in molecular biology and cell biology is required
- Expertise with viral vectors, gene editing technologies, and/or cell engineering is preferred
- Performing hands-on in vivo work when needed, including animal handling, animal injections, and ex vivo analyses of blood and organ tissues
- Recording and properly storing data into electronic databases, conducting thorough searches of databases and organizing data in clear and concise format
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret, summarize, and present scientific results in a clear, concise, accurate manner to both technical and non-technical audiences
If you would like to be considered for an opportunity at Ambys Medicines, please submit your CV with the title of the position in the subject line to email@example.com
The well-being of our employees and their families is important to us. We offer comprehensive and competitive health, financial, paid time off and many other benefits designed to promote the health and financial well-being of our employees and their families.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Ambys Medicines is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
Ambys Medicines is an equal opportunity employer.