Scientist – Cell Therapy
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Ambys Medicines is a biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing regenerative and restorative therapies for people with advanced liver disease. Founded by world-renowned experts in liver disease and regenerative medicine, Ambys is pioneering the application of novel modalities including cell and gene therapy, and gain-of-function drug therapy, to meet the urgent need for treatments that have the potential to restore liver function and prevent the progression to liver failure across multiple liver diseases that are untreatable or poorly treated today. Ambys was launched in 2018 by Third Rock Ventures and Takeda Pharmaceuticals with $140M in starting capital and is headquartered in South San Francisco, Calif.
We are seeking an innovative and talented Scientist with expertise in cell therapy and animal models. The individual will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to develop new strategies for treating liver diseases using cell therapy. This role will be responsible for collecting, managing, and analyzing experimental data, interpreting results, and preparing presentations for internal and external meetings, regulatory filings, and publications. Candidates should enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic team environment and be motivated to discover new breakthrough therapies for patients with severe liver disease.
- PhD in relevant biological sciences with 2-5 years experience in cell therapy
- Demonstrated scientific creativity, critical thinking, and analytical problem-solving skills, with a strong track record of research productivity as evidenced by high-quality publications
- Enthusiasm to explore, conduct, and champion original ideas and research relating to models of disease
- Ability to work efficiently and independently under minimal supervision in a dynamic team environment. Providing scientific inputs and contributing intellectually to the organization success.
- Contemporary expertise and experience in molecular biology and cell biology is required
- Expertise with viral vectors, gene editing technologies, and/or cell engineering is preferred
- Performing hands-on in vivo work when needed, including animal handling, animal injections, and ex vivo analyses of blood and organ tissues
- Recording and properly storing data into electronic databases, conducting thorough searches of databases and organizing data in clear and concise format
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret, summarize, and present scientific results in a clear, concise, accurate manner to both technical and non-technical audiences
If you would like to be considered for an opportunity at Ambys Medicines, please submit your CV with the title of the position in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
The well-being of our employees and their families is important to us. We offer comprehensive and competitive health, financial, paid time off and many other benefits designed to promote the health and financial well-being of our employees and their families.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Ambys Medicines is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
Ambys Medicines is an equal opportunity employer.