Sr. Scientist – Assay Development
Location: Redwood City / South San Francisco, CA
Ambys Medicines is an early stage biopharmaceutical company committed to developing therapies for patients suffering from devastating liver diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders, Ambys is pioneering novel approaches to liver restoration and regeneration. The company’s core technologies of hepatocyte cell therapy, gene therapy, drug therapy, and translational models are the foundation of our research and development platform. We are seeking smart, creative, and kind people to join our team and contribute to our mission.
Our Assay and Bioanalytical Development team is seeking a senior scientist responsible for cell-based and analytical assay development in support of our drug discovery and drug development. The senior scientist will be able to independently design, execute, and troubleshoot experiments. This role will play a critical role in driving gene and cell therapies focused assay development. The successful candidate will be a lead for internal and outsourced projects and collaborate with scientists on cross functional teams. Strong candidates will have demonstrated experience in collaborating with multiple disciplines to answer challenging scientific questions and develop impactful new medicines for patients.
- PhD and at least 5 years industry experience in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical setting with exposure to multiple areas of drug discovery and development.
- Develops and executes assay protocols and sample analysis plans to support process development, product release and bioanalytical assays.
- Experience in AAV gene therapy and/ or cell therapy desired.
- Management of outsourced small molecule bioanalytical development and sample analysis a plus.
- Anticipates portfolio/program needs and identifies novel technologies & external capabilities to support preclinical (and clinical) bioanalytical strategies & deliverables.
- Ensures delivery of regulatory-compliant data and reports within program timelines.
- Manages method development, qualification and assay transfer as applicable. Support GLP and GCP-regulated studies as applicable. Effectively evaluates data and authors reports to ensure regulatory guidelines and expectations are met.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting data and developing appropriate recommendations to move projects forward.
- Excellent collaboration, organizational and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to manage a team of research associates, mentor and provide technical leadership and train others.
- Strong communication skills for the purposes of collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, including team members, CROs, founders, and senior management. Ability to contribute to scientific discussions within small and large groups. Understands the differentiation and utilization of data-driven deep dives and high-level summaries.
If you would like to be considered for an opportunity at Ambys Medicines, please submit your CV with the title of the position in the subject line to email@example.com
The well-being of our employees and their families is important to us. We offer comprehensive and competitive health, financial, paid time off and many other benefits designed to promote the health and financial well-being of our employees and their families.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Ambys Medicines is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
Ambys Medicines is an equal opportunity employer.