Research Associate / Sr Research Associate – Pharmacology
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Ambys Medicines is a biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing regenerative and restorative therapies for people with advanced liver disease. Founded by world-renowned experts in liver disease and regenerative medicine, Ambys is pioneering the application of novel modalities including cell and gene therapy, and gain-of-function drug therapy, to meet the urgent need for treatments that have the potential to restore liver function and prevent the progression to liver failure across multiple liver diseases that are untreatable or poorly treated today. Ambys was launched in 2018 by Third Rock Ventures and Takeda Pharmaceuticals with $140M in starting capital and is headquartered in South San Francisco, Calif.
The Research Associate/Senior Research Associate – Pharmacology will support in vivo studies for target validation and preclinical research activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working in a cohesive Pharmacology Team (Veterinarian, Vivarium support, Scientists and Research Associates) to support primarily the Gene Therapy Program.
- Perform in vivo pharmacology studies with disease models and conduct in vivo drug efficacy studies to support early drug discovery projects.
- Must be able to organize, execute and maintain multiple experiments running in parallel.
- Develop and troubleshoot novel in vivo disease models for mechanism of action studies
- Ability to plan, execute, analyze, and document experiments.
- Work in a team environment and, as needed, train new personnel hands-on if needed
- Contribute to technical reports, publications, and participate in scientific conferences as applicable.
- BS degree with at least 8 years of hands-on laboratory experience in biotechnology industry, or equivalent. Background in pharmacology, toxicology or related disciplines is required. Direct experience with rodent liver fibrosis/cirrhosis models, hemodynamic monitoring, or cell therapy a plus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team required.
- Hands-on experience performing in vivo studies, preferably, using multiple dose routes (IV, PO, SC, IM), tissue sample collection, and evaluating PD endpoints
- Hands-on experience with surgical models is preferred
- Organized, self-motivated, able to multitask and deliver results with high degree of attention to detail to drive projects forward in a timely manner.
- Enthusiasm to explore, conduct and champion original ideas and research relating to models of liver disease
- Ability to thrive in a fast-pace, multi-disciplinary environment interacting with a diverse group of experts, comfortable with adjusting workloads based upon changing priorities and willing to take on new tasks.
- Actively engaged in the creativity and collaborative approach to science, embracing the ideas and suggestions of others
- Excellent cross-functional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills is essential in this small, collaborative work environment
If you would like to be considered for an opportunity at Ambys Medicines, please submit your CV with the title of the position in the subject line to email@example.com
The well-being of our employees and their families is important to us. We offer comprehensive and competitive health, financial, paid time off and many other benefits designed to promote the health and financial well-being of our employees and their families.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Ambys Medicines is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
Ambys Medicines is an equal opportunity employer.