Research Associate / Sr Research Associate – Pharmacology
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Ambys Medicines is an early-stage biotech company researching and developing medicines that harness the natural regenerative properties of the liver for patients suffering from devastating liver diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders and a substantial collaboration with Takeda, Ambys is pioneering novel approaches to liver restoration and regeneration. The company’s core technologies of cell therapy, gene therapy, drug therapy, and unique translational models are the foundation of our research and development platform. We at Ambys believe that revolutionary medicines result from bold research, performed to the highest standards, following the biology, putting patient needs first and performed by a collaborative, committed, and curious team. We are seeking smart, creative, and motivated people to join our team and become part of the Ambys adventure.
The Research Associate/Senior Research Associate – Pharmacology will support in vivo studies for target validation and preclinical research activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working in a cohesive Pharmacology Team (Veterinarian, Vivarium support, Scientists and Research Associates) to support primarily the Gene Therapy Program.
- Perform in vivo pharmacology studies with disease models and conduct in vivo drug efficacy studies to support early drug discovery projects.
- Must be able to organize, execute and maintain multiple experiments running in parallel.
- Develop and troubleshoot novel in vivo disease models for mechanism of action studies
- Ability to plan, execute, analyze, and document experiments.
- Work in a team environment and, as needed, train new personnel hands-on if needed
- Contribute to technical reports, publications, and participate in scientific conferences as applicable.
- BS degree with at least 8 years of hands-on laboratory experience in biotechnology industry, or equivalent. Background in pharmacology, toxicology or related disciplines is required. Direct experience with rodent liver fibrosis/cirrhosis models, hemodynamic monitoring, or cell therapy a plus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team required.
- Hands-on experience performing in vivo studies, preferably, using multiple dose routes (IV, PO, SC, IM), tissue sample collection, and evaluating PD endpoints
- Hands-on experience with surgical models is preferred
- Organized, self-motivated, able to multitask and deliver results with high degree of attention to detail to drive projects forward in a timely manner.
- Enthusiasm to explore, conduct and champion original ideas and research relating to models of liver disease
- Ability to thrive in a fast-pace, multi-disciplinary environment interacting with a diverse group of experts, comfortable with adjusting workloads based upon changing priorities and willing to take on new tasks.
- Actively engaged in the creativity and collaborative approach to science, embracing the ideas and suggestions of others
- Excellent cross-functional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills is essential in this small, collaborative work environment
If you would like to be considered for an opportunity at Ambys Medicines, please submit your CV with the title of the position in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
The well-being of our employees and their families is important to us. We offer comprehensive and competitive health, financial, paid time off and many other benefits designed to promote the health and financial well-being of our employees and their families.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Ambys Medicines is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
Ambys Medicines is an equal opportunity employer.