Research Associate / Sr Research Associate – Vector Production
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Ambys Medicines is an early-stage biotech company researching and developing medicines that harness the natural regenerative properties of the liver for patients suffering from devastating liver diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders and a substantial collaboration with Takeda, Ambys is pioneering novel approaches to liver restoration and regeneration. The company’s core technologies of cell therapy, gene therapy, drug therapy, and unique translational models are the foundation of our research and development platform. We at Ambys believe that revolutionary medicines result from bold research, performed to the highest standards, following the biology, putting patient needs first and performed by a collaborative, committed, and curious team. We are seeking smart, creative, and motivated people to join our team and become part of the Ambys adventure.
We are currently seeking an innovative research associate/senior research associate with expertise in molecular and cellular biology to join a team focused on discovery and advancement of novel therapies for liver disease. The individual will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to develop new strategies for treating liver diseases using hepatocyte cell therapy and gene therapy. Essential functions will include viral production and purification, process development, vector characterization, and technology transfer. Candidates should enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic team environment and be motivated to discover new breakthrough therapies for patients.
- B.S. or M.S. in a biological science discipline with at least 2-5 years of laboratory experience in a biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or academic setting.
- Solid proficiency in cell biology techniques such as adherent/suspension cell culture, plasmid transfection, and common immunocytochemistry/immunohistochemistry procedures.
- Experience in viral vector production (specifically AAV and/or Lentivirus) is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with column chromatograpy, viral and non-viral delivery methods, gene editing technologies, and cell engineering is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with moderate supervision, but also capable of contributing to team-oriented environment.
- Strong experimental design and troubleshooting skills, and ability to document laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, time-management, and organizational skills are required.
- The successful candidate will be an ambitious self-starter, be motivated to apply his/her skills to diverse projects and enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment.
If you would like to be considered for an opportunity at Ambys Medicines, please submit your CV with the title of the position in the subject line to email@example.com
The well-being of our employees and their families is important to us. We offer comprehensive and competitive health, financial, paid time off and many other benefits designed to promote the health and financial well-being of our employees and their families.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Ambys Medicines is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
Ambys Medicines is an equal opportunity employer.