Research Associate / Sr Research Associate – Gene Therapy
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Ambys Medicines is a biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing regenerative and restorative therapies for people with advanced liver disease. Founded by world-renowned experts in liver disease and regenerative medicine, Ambys is pioneering the application of novel modalities including cell and gene therapy, and gain-of-function drug therapy, to meet the urgent need for treatments that have the potential to restore liver function and prevent the progression to liver failure across multiple liver diseases that are untreatable or poorly treated today. Ambys was launched in 2018 by Third Rock Ventures and Takeda Pharmaceuticals with $140M in starting capital and is headquartered in South San Francisco, Calif.
We are currently seeking an innovative research associate/senior research associate with expertise in molecular and cellular biology and gene therapy to join a team focused on discovery and advancement of novel therapies for liver disease. The individual will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to develop new strategies for treating liver diseases using hepatocyte cell therapy and gene therapy. Ideally, the successful candidate will be knowledgeable in one or more of the following: regenerative medicine, gene therapy using viral and non-viral vectors, cell engineering, liver cell biology, and liver physiology. Candidates should enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic team environment and be motivated to discover new breakthrough therapies for patients.
- B.S. or M.S. in a biological science discipline with at least 2-5 years of laboratory experience in a biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or academic setting.
- Solid proficiency in molecular biology and protein chemistry techniques such as molecular cloning, PCR, RT-PCR, mammalian cell culture, immunoblot, plasmid transfection, ELISA, in vitro transcription of mRNA, and immunocytochemistry/immunohistochemistry procedures.
- Experienced in sterile technique for handling and growing mammalian cells.
- Experience with gene therapy vectors, including lentiviral vectors and adeno associated viral vectors (AAV), is preferred.
- Broad laboratory experience and skills in cell biology (flow cytometry, cell-based assay development, etc.).
- Experience with viral vector and non-viral delivery methods, gene editing technologies, cell engineering, and cell line generation is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or in a team-oriented environment with moderate supervision.
- Excellent data analysis skills and experience with a variety of scientific software applications is required (including Microsoft Office JMP or Prism, and Adobe Photoshop).
- Strong experimental design and troubleshooting skills, can document laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration, time-management, and organizational skills are required.
- The successful candidate will be an ambitious self-starter, be motivated to apply his/her skills to diverse projects and enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment.
If you would like to be considered for an opportunity at Ambys Medicines, please submit your CV with the title of the position in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
The well-being of our employees and their families is important to us. We offer comprehensive and competitive health, financial, paid time off and many other benefits designed to promote the health and financial well-being of our employees and their families.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Ambys Medicines is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
Ambys Medicines is an equal opportunity employer.