Research Associate / Sr Research Associate – Cell Therapy
Ambys Medicines is an early stage biopharmaceutical company committed to developing therapies for patients suffering from devastating liver diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders, Ambys is pioneering novel approaches to liver restoration and regeneration. The company’s core technologies of hepatocyte cell therapy, gene therapy, drug therapy, and translational models are the foundation of our research and development platform. We are seeking smart, creative, and kind people to join our team and contribute to our mission.
We are currently seeking an innovative senior research associate with expertise in molecular and cellular biology to join a team focused on discovery and advancement of new therapies for liver disease. The individual will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to develop new technologies for treating liver diseases using hepatocyte cell therapy and gene therapy. Ideally, the successful candidate will be knowledgeable in one or more of the following: regenerative medicine, hepatocyte transplantation, gene therapy using viral and non-viral vectors, cell engineering, liver cell biology, and liver physiology. Candidates should enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic team environment and be motivated to discover new breakthrough therapies for patients.
- B.S. or M.S. in a biological science discipline with at least 2-5 years of laboratory experience in a biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or academic setting.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or in a team-oriented environment with moderate supervision.
- Strong experience in mammalian cell culture including techniques monitoring cell growth and optimizing culture conditions.
- Experience with culturing human or rodent primary cells, human induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) or embryonic stem cells (ESCs).
- Experience with stem cell differentiation protocols is strongly preferred.
- Broad laboratory experience and skills in cell biology and molecular biology (Cloning, PCR, DNA/RNA isolation, qPCR, Western blot, flow cytometry, cell-based assay development, etc.)
- Experience with viral vector and non-viral delivery methods, gene editing technologies, cell engineering, and cell line generation is strongly preferred.
- Experience with cell or gene therapy is preferred but not required.
- Excellent data analysis skills and experience with a variety of scientific software applications is required.
- Strong experimental design and troubleshooting skills, can document laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration, time-management, and organizational skills are required.
- The successful candidate will be an ambitious self-starter, be motivated to apply his/her skills to diverse projects and enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment.
Redwood City / South San Francisco, CA
If you would like to be considered for an opportunity at Ambys Medicines, please submit your CV with the title of the position in the subject line to email@example.com
The well-being of our employees and their families is important to us. We offer comprehensive and competitive health, financial, paid time off and many other benefits designed to promote the health and financial well-being of our employees and their families.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Ambys Medicines is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
Ambys Medicines is an equal opportunity employer.