Research Associate / Sr Research Associate – Liver Biology
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Ambys Medicines is an early-stage biotech company researching and developing medicines that harness the natural regenerative properties of the liver for patients suffering from devastating liver diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders and a substantial collaboration with Takeda, Ambys is pioneering novel approaches to liver restoration and regeneration. The company’s core technologies of cell therapy, gene therapy, drug therapy, and unique translational models are the foundation of our research and development platform. We at Ambys believe that revolutionary medicines result from bold research, performed to the highest standards, following the biology, putting patient needs first and performed by a collaborative, committed, and curious team. We are seeking smart, creative, and motivated people to join our team and become part of the Ambys adventure.
We are seeking a talented research associate/senior research associate with expertise in in vivo and in vitro liver biology. In this role, the individual will support our efforts in cell therapy platform by performing experiments assisting in optimization of rodent liver surgery, human and rodent cell isolation and cell culture. This individual will receive detailed instruction on new assignments and performs experimental and routine tasks independently and/or under the supervision.
Main responsibilities include development, optimization and streamlining of cell transplantation and cell isolation to allow advancement to scaled up cGMP process.
- BS or MS degree in Biological Sciences with 2-5 years relevant experience in liver biology, cell biology or other relevant biological sciences
- Experience in primary hepatocyte isolation and culture from human and rodent tissue
- Willingness to learn new surgical techniques and survival surgeries in small animals
- Understanding process improvement, streamlining and optimizing procedures
- Experience in basic cell and molecular biology including cell culture; DNA, RNA, and Protein isolation; PCR, Western blot, and ELISA
- Must be comfortable working with bio-hazardous materials (human and animal tissue, plasma, urine, blood, feces, etc.) and chemicals given proper safety equipment
- Ability to work flexible 40hr schedule. Nights and weekends as required on moment’s notice following human tissue arrival or based on project requirements
- Experience in cGMP drafting SOPs, reports, and protocols
- Demonstrate ability to work independently or in a team-oriented environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret, summarize, and present scientific results in a clear, concise, accurate manner to both technical and non-technical audiences.
If you would like to be considered for an opportunity at Ambys Medicines, please submit your CV with the title of the position in the subject line to email@example.com
The well-being of our employees and their families is important to us. We offer comprehensive and competitive health, financial, paid time off and many other benefits designed to promote the health and financial well-being of our employees and their families.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Ambys Medicines is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
Ambys Medicines is an equal opportunity employer.