Research Associate / Sr Research Associate – Cell Therapy / Discovery Biology
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Ambys Medicines is an early-stage biotech company researching and developing medicines that harness the natural regenerative properties of the liver for patients suffering from devastating liver diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders and a substantial collaboration with Takeda, Ambys is pioneering novel approaches to liver restoration and regeneration. The company’s core technologies of cell therapy, gene therapy, drug therapy, and unique translational models are the foundation of our research and development platform. We at Ambys believe that revolutionary medicines result from bold research, performed to the highest standards, following the biology, putting patient needs first and performed by a collaborative, committed, and curious team. We are seeking smart, creative, and motivated people to join our team and become part of the Ambys adventure.
We are seeking a talented and motivated Research Associate/Senior Research Associate with expertise in cell biology and cell therapy to join the cell therapy team at Ambys. The individual will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to develop novel therapies to treat liver diseases using cell therapy and gene therapy strategies. Strong candidates will be highly organized and have the self-confidence to work across boundaries to help answer challenging scientific questions. She or he should enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic team environment and be motivated to discover new breakthrough therapies for patients with severe liver disease.
- BS or MS degree in a biological science discipline with 2-5 years of relevant experience in liver biology, cell therapy, or human stem cells in industry or academia
- Contemporary expertise and broad experience in cell culture, molecular biology and protein chemistry techniques including ELISA, immunoblot, immunocytochemistry
- Expertise in cell-based assays and biochemical assays
- Experience in human stem cell differentiation or gene editing technique is a plus
- Experience in animal model handling or in vivo study is a plus
- Experience in library-based (e.g. CRISPR; Lenti-ORF) human genome screens is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to follow protocols and document laboratory procedures/experiments with great attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment with supervision
- Excellent data analysis skills and experience with a variety of scientific software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office; Prism or JMP; Adobe Photoshop)
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret, summarize, and present scientific results in a clear, concise, accurate manner to both technical and non-technical audiences
If you would like to be considered for an opportunity at Ambys Medicines, please submit your CV with the title of the position in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
The well-being of our employees and their families is important to us. We offer comprehensive and competitive health, financial, paid time off and many other benefits designed to promote the health and financial well-being of our employees and their families.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Ambys Medicines is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
Ambys Medicines is an equal opportunity employer.