Research Associate – Assay Development
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Ambys Medicines is an early-stage biotech company researching and developing medicines that harness the natural regenerative properties of the liver for patients suffering from devastating liver diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders and a substantial collaboration with Takeda, Ambys is pioneering novel approaches to liver restoration and regeneration. The company’s core technologies of cell therapy, gene therapy, drug therapy, and unique translational models are the foundation of our research and development platform. We at Ambys believe that revolutionary medicines result from bold research, performed to the highest standards, following the biology, putting patient needs first and performed by a collaborative, committed, and curious team. We are seeking smart, creative, and motivated people to join our team and become part of the Ambys adventure.
We are seeking a highly motivated in vitro assay development research associate with bioanalytical assay experience required to advance our understanding of biological processes underlying the development of a variety of liver diseases. This individual will join a dynamic and growing multidisciplinary team focused on early stages of small molecule lead discovery via development of in vitro biochemical/ biophysical and cell-based assays. A key component of the position will be to provide regular, high quality assay results to other team members and troubleshoot and develop approaches to optimize experimental procedures. The candidate will be flexible enough to work across projects supporting the many goals of the company. The successful candidate will work with direct supervision of a Scientist but show strong independence and a willingness to advance within a quickly growing company.
The successful candidate will be a decisive and results-oriented individual who is flexible, team-oriented, creative and able to excel in a multi-project, fast-track environment. If you thrive in a culture of collaboration and have an entrepreneurial spirit, we’d like to meet you.
- B.S. or M.S. in a biological science discipline
- At least 2 years relevant experience working at the bench in a biological sciences laboratory
- The ability to plan and troubleshoot problems arising in biochemical assay development/screening is required
- Execution of existing protocols and familiarity with proper documentation and communication of results from laboratory work
- Experience in performing some of the following molecular/ biochemical/ immunochemical assays required- flow cytometry, qPCR, SDS-PAGE, ELISA and Western blotting
- Experience with primary and ex-vivo cell culture models is desirable
- Experience working with suspension and adherent mammalian cells is required
- Experience with transfection of siRNA, shRNA and/or CRISPRs or lentiviral transduction delivery desirable
- Experience with common laboratory software (SoftmaxPro, GraphPad Prism, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.)
- Familiarity with ELN software preferred
- Must be willing to work with ex-vivo preclinical samples (tissues, organs, biopsies) and possibly blood samples (whole blood and blood components)
If you would like to be considered for an opportunity at Ambys Medicines, please submit your CV with the title of the position in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
The well-being of our employees and their families is important to us. We offer comprehensive and competitive health, financial, paid time off and many other benefits designed to promote the health and financial well-being of our employees and their families.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Ambys Medicines is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
Ambys Medicines is an equal opportunity employer.