Process Development Scientist / Senior Scientist – Viral Vector
Location: Redwood City / South San Francisco, CA
Ambys Medicines is an early stage biopharmaceutical company committed to developing therapies for patients suffering from devastating liver diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders, Ambys is pioneering novel approaches to liver restoration and regeneration. The company’s core technologies of hepatocyte cell therapy, gene therapy, drug therapy, and translational models are the foundation of our research and development platform. We are seeking smart, creative, and kind people to join our team and contribute to our mission.
We are seeking an innovative scientist/senior scientist with expertise in process development in Adeno-Associated Virus (AAV) production to join our team. The sucessful candidate will plan and execute pilot scale production to support process design and development of scalable unit operations to support large-scale AAV manufacturing for clinical trials. In this role, the individual will work hands-on to develop, optimize all critical parameters in the AAV production process, and scale up upstream platform and downstream processes for the manufacturing and purification of AAV vectors. Responsibilities will also include close collaboration with the Assay and Bioanalytical department to qualify and validate viral vector quality control assays.
- M.SC or Ph.D. degree and at least 3-5 years of industry experience in developing AAV gene therapy products. Degree emphasis in Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, or related discipline is preferred.
- Experience in process development and manufacturing of AAV is required.
- Experience with insect cell-baculovirus expression technology platform at small, pilot, or large scale is highly preferable.
- Expertise in bioreactor design and operation is preferable.
- Experience with protein purification including hands on experience with TFF, chromatography (GE AKTA) at small, pilot, or large scale is required.
- Experience with analytical equipment such as HPLC, SEC, and DLS is a plus.
- Experience drafting SOPs, batch records, reports, and protocols is required.
- Previous experience in technology transfer of GMP processes to CMOs and oversight of GMP productions is a strong plus.
- Broad experience in GMP biologics manufacturing and understanding of regulatory guidelines is preferred.
- Strong experimental design capability and troubleshooting skills, documentation of laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail is required.
- Excellent data analysis skills are required.
- Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration, time-management, and organizational skills are required.
- Must demonstrated ability to work independently or in a fast-paced team environment.
- Must be highly motivated team player capable of leading by example and exceeding expectations in all aspects of the role.
If you would like to be considered for an opportunity at Ambys Medicines, please submit your CV with the title of the position in the subject line to email@example.com
The well-being of our employees and their families is important to us. We offer comprehensive and competitive health, financial, paid time off and many other benefits designed to promote the health and financial well-being of our employees and their families.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Ambys Medicines is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
Ambys Medicines is an equal opportunity employer.