IT Support Engineer – Information Technology
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Ambys Medicines is an early-stage biotech company researching and developing medicines that harness the natural regenerative properties of the liver for patients suffering from devastating liver diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders and a substantial collaboration with Takeda, Ambys is pioneering novel approaches to liver restoration and regeneration. The company’s core technologies of cell therapy, gene therapy, drug therapy, and unique translational models are the foundation of our research and development platform. We at Ambys believe that revolutionary medicines result from bold research, performed to the highest standards, following the biology, putting patient needs first and performed by a collaborative, committed, and curious team. We are seeking smart, creative, and motivated people to join our team and become part of the Ambys adventure.
The IT department at Ambys Medicines is seeking a desktop engineer to provide technical support for employees, software and services. In addition to this, this role will be instrumental in the modernization and automation of the complete IT stack. This is a great opportunity to learn and grow your career in an exciting company with a great trajectory. A successful candidate will be customer focused, technically adept and enjoy working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Soft skills (customer focus, positive personality and communication)
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic work environment
- Experiencing provisioning accounts with Active Directory, GPO/P and o365
- Experience with remote management tools like Addigy / Kaseya / JAMF, MDM
- Best practices for documentation and knowledge management
- Experience with Egnyte, Box.com or other cloud-based storage technologies
- Experience with ticketing systems (ZenDesk)
- Experience in a laboratory environment preferred but not required.
What you will do:
- Tier 1 and 2 support for on-site and remote employees
- Automate common IT tasks – provisioning computers and accounts
- Provide hardware / software support for laboratory staff and instruments
- Maintain a strict security posture for both admin and lab environments
- Assist with on-boarding / off-boarding of employees
If you would like to be considered for an opportunity at Ambys Medicines, please submit your CV with the title of the position in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
The well-being of our employees and their families is important to us. We offer comprehensive and competitive health, financial, paid time off and many other benefits designed to promote the health and financial well-being of our employees and their families.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Ambys Medicines is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
Ambys Medicines is an equal opportunity employer.