Research Associate / Sr Research Associate – Histology
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Ambys Medicines is an early-stage biotech company researching and developing medicines that harness the natural regenerative properties of the liver for patients suffering from devastating liver diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders and a substantial collaboration with Takeda, Ambys is pioneering novel approaches to liver restoration and regeneration. The company’s core technologies of cell therapy, gene therapy, drug therapy, and unique translational models are the foundation of our research and development platform. We at Ambys believe that revolutionary medicines result from bold research, performed to the highest standards, following the biology, putting patient needs first and performed by a collaborative, committed, and curious team. We are seeking smart, creative, and motivated people to join our team and become part of the Ambys adventure.
We are seeking a talented research associate/senior research associate with expertise in all aspects of histology including tissue processing, fixation, embedding, sectioning, and staining. In this role, the individual will work with rodent, non-human primate, and human tissue specimens and use microtome or cryostat for tissue sectioning. Main responsibilities include developing and optimizing immunohistochemistry (IHC) and immunofluorescence (IF) assays using brightfield and fluorescence microscopy to identify tissue-based endpoints that will be used to investigate the efficacy and method of action of potential therapeutic targets. Experience in performing manual or automated imaging and image analysis using common softwares is highly desirable.
- BS or MS degree in Biological Sciences with 2-5 years relevant experience in histology and assay development
- Demonstrate experience in all aspects of histology
- Experienced in single and multi-plex staining using chromogenic and fluorescence methods
- Demonstrate capability in troubleshooting and analyzing IHC/IF experiments
- Imaging and image analysis experience is a plus
- Experience drafting SOPs, reports, and protocols is preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask and manage multiple projects in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate ability to work independently or in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are required
- Highly motivated team player capable of leading by example and who exceeds expectations in all aspects of the role
If you would like to be considered for an opportunity at Ambys Medicines, please submit your CV with the title of the position in the subject line to email@example.com
The well-being of our employees and their families is important to us. We offer comprehensive and competitive health, financial, paid time off and many other benefits designed to promote the health and financial well-being of our employees and their families.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Ambys Medicines is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
Ambys Medicines is an equal opportunity employer.