Research Associate / Sr Research Associate – Histology
Location: Redwood City / South San Francisco, CA
Ambys Medicines is an early stage biopharmaceutical company committed to developing therapies for patients suffering from devastating liver diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders, Ambys is pioneering novel approaches to liver restoration and regeneration. The company’s core technologies of hepatocyte cell therapy, gene therapy, drug therapy, and translational models are the foundation of our research and development platform. We are seeking smart, creative, and kind people to join our team and contribute to our mission.
We are seeking a talented research associate/senior research associate with expertise in all aspects of histology including tissue processing, fixation, embedding, sectioning, and staining. In this role, the individual will work with rodent, non-human primate, and human tissue specimens and use microtome or cryostat for tissue sectioning. Main responsibilities include developing and optimizing immunohistochemistry (IHC) and immunofluorescence (IF) assays using brightfield and fluorescence microscopy to identify tissue-based endpoints that will be used to investigate the efficacy and method of action of potential therapeutic targets. Experience in performing manual or automated imaging and image analysis using common softwares is highly desirable.
- BS or MS degree in Biological Sciences with 2-5 years relevant experience in histology and assay development
- Demonstrate experience in all aspects of histology
- Experienced in single and multi-plex staining using chromogenic and fluorescence methods
- Demonstrate capability in troubleshooting and analyzing IHC/IF experiments
- Imaging and image analysis experience is a plus
- Experience drafting SOPs, reports, and protocols is preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask and manage multiple projects in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate ability to work independently or in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are required
- Highly motivated team player capable of leading by example and who exceeds expectations in all aspects of the role
If you would like to be considered for an opportunity at Ambys Medicines, please submit your CV with the title of the position in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
The well-being of our employees and their families is important to us. We offer comprehensive and competitive health, financial, paid time off and many other benefits designed to promote the health and financial well-being of our employees and their families.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Ambys Medicines is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
Ambys Medicines is an equal opportunity employer.