Head of Information Technology
Ambys Medicines is an early stage biopharmaceutical company committed to developing therapies for patients suffering from devastating liver diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders, Ambys is pioneering novel approaches to liver restoration and regeneration. The company’s core technologies of hepatocyte cell therapy, gene therapy, drug therapy, and translational models are the foundation of our research and development platform. We are seeking smart, creative, and kind people to join our team and contribute to our mission.
Ambys Medicines seeks an IT leader to design, implement and develop our new information and data architecture. This head of IT will be a key enabler of the company’s scientific mission by building and managing the infrastructure and systems required of a cutting-edge computational and data-centric company. Responsibilities:
- Lead the company by developing goals, vision and values for IT and informatics
- Define and implement a company-wide architecture for data storage, processing and analysis; develop and implement systems for managing the data lifecycle
- Build an IT department that enables the company to execute on its short- and long-term data and informatics strategies
- Champion the adoption across the company of best practices in data management and software engineering
- Lead the planning of enterprise IT & Informatics projects; oversee the design, building and maintenance of tools to facilitate best practices in software development and deployment
- Build and maintain cloud-based computing environment
- Implement and maintain key research systems, including ELN, LIMS and data management
- Manage vendors, consultants and overall budget for data management, software engineering and IT infrastructure
- Oversee IT security, compliance and contingency planning
- Advanced degree in life sciences.
- 7-10 years of relevant technical experience and experience leading IT and DevOps teams.
- Experience evaluating, implementing and managing scientific data management platforms, cloud computing (AWS), document control/electronic lab notebook software, on-site storage solutions and IT vendor services
- Experience in implementing, utilizing and leveraging outsourcing strategies
- Demonstrated understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Ability to adapt to increasing scope and complexity of work brought on by growth and change
- Strong communication skills
Redwood City / South San Francisco, CA
If you would like to be considered for an opportunity at Ambys Medicines, please submit your CV with the title of the position in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
The well-being of our employees and their families is important to us. We offer comprehensive and competitive health, financial, paid time off and many other benefits designed to promote the health and financial well-being of our employees and their families.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Ambys Medicines is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
Ambys Medicines is an equal opportunity employer.