Head of Facilities
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Ambys Medicines is a biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing regenerative and restorative therapies for people with advanced liver disease. Founded by world-renowned experts in liver disease and regenerative medicine, Ambys is pioneering the application of novel modalities including cell and gene therapy, and gain-of-function drug therapy, to meet the urgent need for treatments that have the potential to restore liver function and prevent the progression to liver failure across multiple liver diseases that are untreatable or poorly treated today. Ambys was launched in 2018 by Third Rock Ventures and Takeda Pharmaceuticals with $140M in starting capital and is headquartered in South San Francisco, Calif.
This customer-facing position manages Facilities operations at Ambys. Responsibilities include: effective management of outside service providers, asset management, site administration of the repair and maintenance program for lab equipment, and site security systems. Administers the Facilities request ticket system and ensures timely and effective responses to users. Works closely with the Lab Manager and Health and Safety staff in delivering and maintaining a healthy, comfortable, and productive work environment. Manages construction and remodeling projects as delegated by the Director of Operations – will play a key role in major facility remodeling (labs and offices). Participates in space planning, office moves, and lab reorganizations. May perform light maintenance and repair duties as required. May be called upon to support operations. Requires a person with strong customer-service instincts; outgoing, friendly, and collaborative. This position involves interacting and partnering with senior leadership and group leaders and, due to the importance and frequency of these interactions, it is essential that the successful candidate possesses highly developed interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Life Sciences, or related field. Master’s preferred.
- 12+ years’ experience in the biotechnology industry in a Facilities role, at least 7 years in a managerial position
- Experience working in the R&D environment with extensive experience in GXP systems, procedures, and documentation
- Experience managing security systems and maintenance programs
- Experience with house vacuum, DI water, compressed gases, HVAC systems, plumbing, and electrical
- Experience with space planning activities
- Experience with system furniture installations
- Experience managing projects (construction and remodeling of labs and offices, equipment installations, and system implementations)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience leading & developing direct reports
- PowerPoint, MS Office, Visio/CAD desirable
- Ability to perform the physical demands of the role, including but not limited to: prolonged standing; ability to lift, move, and pull 50 pounds; kneeling; etc.
- The labs may have a variety of environmental conditions. Appropriate protective clothing and equipment will be required along with appropriate training.
- Ability to mentally and physically react effectively, quickly, calmly and rationally in case of an emergency.
If you would like to be considered for an opportunity at Ambys Medicines, please submit your CV with the title of the position in the subject line to email@example.com
The well-being of our employees and their families is important to us. We offer comprehensive and competitive health, financial, paid time off and many other benefits designed to promote the health and financial well-being of our employees and their families.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Ambys Medicines is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
Ambys Medicines is an equal opportunity employer.