Director / Associate Director – Program Management
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Ambys Medicines is a biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing regenerative and restorative therapies for people with advanced liver disease. Founded by world-renowned experts in liver disease and regenerative medicine, Ambys is pioneering the application of novel modalities including cell and gene therapy, and gain-of-function drug therapy, to meet the urgent need for treatments that have the potential to restore liver function and prevent the progression to liver failure across multiple liver diseases that are untreatable or poorly treated today. Ambys was launched in 2018 by Third Rock Ventures and Takeda Pharmaceuticals with $140M in starting capital and is headquartered in South San Francisco, Calif.
The Director of Program management will be responsible for providing tactical and strategic leadership of the company’s development programs. Ideal candidates will demonstrate strength in communication and team leadership to succeed in a role that is highly cross-functional and broadly engaged across the organization. They will bring strong drug development experience and the ability to build and deploy tools and best practices to ensure the successful execution of R&D programs at a rapidly growing organization. The Director of Program Management will guide programs through key development milestones, decision points, and be responsible for the product plans that establish their vision and direction. Key responsibilities will include:
- Partnership with Project Team Leaders to manage cross-functional project teams, establish project goals and milestones, set scientific direction, and establish the development path
- Development and ownership of project timelines, risk mitigation plans, and Target Product Profiles
- Leadership of programs through key inflection and development decision points
- Contribution to organization-wide corporate and strategic planning activities, including corporate goal setting and budgeting
- Project management support of development functions (clinical, regulatory, CMC)
- Stakeholder management of external development partners, key collaborators, and Scientific Founders
- BS degree in an applicable field
- Advanced degree in science or business preferred
- 8+ years industry experience, including 5+ years in Program Management or related function
- Track record of leading development programs through preclinical and clinical phases of development
- Strong communication skills and ability to lead and influence team members, peers, subject matter experts, and management
- Command of tools to efficiently communicate complex ideas to a wide array of audiences
- A drive for mapping and executing the critical path toward key milestones
- Ability to assess development paths and identify key risks and recommend options for creative mitigation strategies
- Demonstration of strategic thinking and high-level planning
- Positive energy and ability to foster the qualities of a highly performing team
- Experience in gene or cell therapy a plus
If you would like to be considered for an opportunity at Ambys Medicines, please submit your CV with the title of the position in the subject line to email@example.com
The well-being of our employees and their families is important to us. We offer comprehensive and competitive health, financial, paid time off and many other benefits designed to promote the health and financial well-being of our employees and their families.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Ambys Medicines is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
Ambys Medicines is an equal opportunity employer.