Bioinformatics Engineer – Research
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Ambys Medicines is an early-stage biotech company researching and developing medicines that harness the natural regenerative properties of the liver for patients suffering from devastating liver diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders and a substantial collaboration with Takeda, Ambys is pioneering novel approaches to liver restoration and regeneration. The company’s core technologies of cell therapy, gene therapy, drug therapy, and unique translational models are the foundation of our research and development platform. We at Ambys believe that revolutionary medicines result from bold research, performed to the highest standards, following the biology, putting patient needs first and performed by a collaborative, committed, and curious team. We are seeking smart, creative, and motivated people to join our team and become part of the Ambys adventure.
Ambys Medicines is seeking a talented and experienced Bioinformatics Engineer to (1) implement and manage lab informatics software applications utilized across research teams; (2) build and sustain custom software in the Computational Biology group; (3) apply computational tools to mine both public and proprietary databases, and utilize molecular, clinical, and genetic data to identify pathways relevant to liver disease and/or discover novel biomarkers.
The ideal candidate will not only have significant experience with next-generation sequence analysis, but also multi-omics data analysis, algorithm development and clinical data analysis. Working closely with the research and development groups at Ambys, this individual will provide bioinformatics, clinical informatics, and statistical support to the biology discovery and translational medicine research.
- PhD/MSc in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Systems Biology or similar discipline is required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in computational biology and bioinformatics focused on NGS applications including RNA-Seq, transcriptomics, single cell analysis, genome variation, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of NGS genomic data analysis and bioinformatics tools (BWA, SamTools, GATK, FreeBayes, MuTect, VarScan etc.) and current data formats (e.g. VCF, BAM/SAM).
- Proficient in programming in C++, R, Python, and/or Perl.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present and interpret results to the scientific and clinical teams. Documenting the impact of bioinformatics work on company decisions in order to prioritize future work.
- Team player comfortable in a fast-moving startup environment. Collaborate with scientists in discovery, pre-clinical, and translational programs to design experiments and analyses to further our gene and cell therapy development efforts.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, and to handle several concurrent, fast-paced projects.
If you would like to be considered for an opportunity at Ambys Medicines, please submit your CV with the title of the position in the subject line to email@example.com
The well-being of our employees and their families is important to us. We offer comprehensive and competitive health, financial, paid time off and many other benefits designed to promote the health and financial well-being of our employees and their families.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Ambys Medicines is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
Ambys Medicines is an equal opportunity employer.