Clinical Head of Hepatology / Clinical Trials
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Ambys Medicines is an early-stage biotech company researching and developing medicines that harness the natural regenerative properties of the liver for patients suffering from devastating liver diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders and a substantial collaboration with Takeda, Ambys is pioneering novel approaches to liver restoration and regeneration. The company’s core technologies of cell therapy, gene therapy, drug therapy, and unique translational models are the foundation of our research and development platform. We at Ambys believe that revolutionary medicines result from bold research, performed to the highest standards, following the biology, putting patient needs first and performed by a collaborative, committed, and curious team. We are seeking smart, creative, and motivated people to join our team and become part of the Ambys adventure.
We are currently seeking an innovative MD or MD/PhD with clinical Hepatology, GI, or related therapeutic experience to develop clinical applications and clinical trials. The successful candidate will join a team focused on discovery and advancement of new therapies for liver disease. The individual will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to develop new clinical applications for treating liver diseases using hepatocyte cell therapy, gene therapy,and small molecules. Successful candidates will be experts in one or more of the following: regenerative medicine, hepatocyte transplantation, gene therapy using viral and non-viral vectors, cell engineering, liver cell biology, and liver physiology. The successful candidate will also enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic team environment and be motivated to discover new breakthrough therapies for patients.
- The position requires MD or MD/PhD in cell biology or gene therapy; Clinical Hepatology, GI, or related therapeutic experiences preferred.
- A minimum of 4-6 years clinical and/or research experience.
- Experience with clinical trials preferred.
- Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration, time-management, and organizational skills.
- Liver disease research, drug discovery experience, and/or biomarker development experience is a plus.
- The successful candidate will be an ambitious self-starter, motivated to apply his/her skills to diverse projects and enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment.
- Work well independently and in collaboration with colleagues across various functional areas.
- Design and implement clinical trial studies.
- Present data in group and project team meetings.
- Advance programs through drug development.
- Contribute to patents, reports, and scientific publications.
If you would like to be considered for an opportunity at Ambys Medicines, please submit your CV with the title of the position in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
The well-being of our employees and their families is important to us. We offer comprehensive and competitive health, financial, paid time off and many other benefits designed to promote the health and financial well-being of our employees and their families.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Ambys Medicines is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
Ambys Medicines is an equal opportunity employer.